Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winter Skin Rescue

I LOVE fall and winter. It's my favorite time of year and honestly, I spend all of April through mid-October wishing for fall and winter (because North Carolina summers are not fun unless you live at the beach or on top of a mountain). This year I'm still slightly waiting. It's getting cold, but it's still 60 some days. After 10 years here you think I'd be used to it but I still expect a Nor'easter to come through like I'm still in New Jersey. But I digress.

But as much as I absolutely adore the cold months, the air is deadly to our skin. It dries us out and to be frank, it's incredibly uncomfortable. And to make it worse, it's flu season so we are constantly washing our hands and overdosing on alcohol based hand sanitizers. It's a sad time for our epidermis. So moisturization is KEY! In this post I'll be showing you great mark. products that protect, soothe, and heal all the places the cold air attacks.

First I want to talk about body. A lot of times when we think of skincare, we think of our face and that our faces have so many differences and our body can fit into a one size fits all. This is true sometimes, but sometimes our bodies are as complicated as our faces. What is also different than our faces is that we like to fragrance our bodies. So there are so many options.

The first option is the Body Luxe Line. It features two scents, Pear Blossom and my favorite, Lemon Sugar. It comes in a 3-in-1 wash, a moisturizing fragrance mist, and an amazing body butter.


And, in February, mark. is launching new HAND CREAMS in the Pear Blossom and Lemon Sugar scents for $4.00. I am THRILLED because my hands get so dried and I'm a hand cream addict. But, although they don't come out on the website until February, email me at katherinejvalentine@hotmail.com to order yours for $3.50 (valid until February 1).
Fair Trade products and eco-conscious products are very in right now. Everyone likes to feel good inside and out and mark. has their own line called Body Care That Cares. And right now the bar soaps are only $7.99 for three in the Last Chance section.

Mark has some really amazing fragrances. Using a matching lotion or body butter with your favorite fragrance last longer and it also helps condition skin. Here are mark's corresponding fragranced body moisturizers.

The Last Chance clearance section also has some great products. Want moisture and a glow to brighten winter skin, try Got to Glow gradual lotion. There are also a fragrance free hand cream and body lotion.



Onto our faces. Every winter my face just dries out and feels so tight.

I love Calming Effect Comforting Milk Cleanser ($9) because it's non drying and it soothes and nourishes your skin. It's also soap-free.










For moisturizers, my choices are For Goodness Face Antioxidant Skin Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 and Calm & Composed Super-Soothing Moisturizer (both $18). My skin gets really dry and red and both of these moisturizers are very moisturizing and as with all mark skin care, they have really great super fruit ingredients that help improve your skin.





I also suggest Get A Tint Tinted Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15 ($12) for those of you who like a tint to their moisturizer.



















What really helps winter skin is exfoliation. It gets all the rough, dry, dead skin off and helps purify the skin and allow for moisturizer and treatments to get in deeper. Mark makes such a great product called Berry Grand Super Exfoliating Beads ($9). The jar is shaped so it can connect to your mark cleansers and you add the beads to your cleanser to make an instant exfoliator customized to your skin type.





Now we cannot forget lips. My biggest problem. I was blessed with pretty good skin, but my lips are a different story. Mark makes some very good lip treatments. One is the Kiss Dry Goodbye Lip Smoother hookup treatment ($8) which helps soothe and smooth lips. I also love Totally Balmed SPF 15 Tinted Lip Balm ($8). It has SPF, it has sheer color (comes in 4 shades), and it is really really  moisturizing. I felt a difference after one day of using it.


And have stressed skin after the holidays? I love mark's Don't Stress Skin Soothing Kit ($18). Included is mini calming effect comforting milk cleanser, mini calm yourself hydrating mask and mini calm & composed super-soothing moisturizer. This is a great way to try an array of mark skincare products.






Finally, we need to protect our skin when we're outside. Using SPF products is a must in the winter because the sun is still out and it will get you if you're out in the snow. Moisturizer and lip balm is also important to protect against windburn. But the best way to protect is to cover up (also helps keep away those nasty illnesses). Mark has some super cute outerwear. 

Warm Wishes Scarf ($30)

Close Knit Beret ($24)

  Close Knit Gloves (also available in Blue) ($20)

Close Knit Infinity Scarf (also available in Blue) ($30)


I hope you enjoyed this post.

Everything here is available at http://kvalentine.mymarkstore.com

I hope you all have a great and fun and safe winter.

Stay beautiful, Katie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment