Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This Beauty Post is sooooo 3 Years Ago

So today I went to CVS. I had some coupons (the only way to shop. Coupons are a god-sent, use them) and I worked some coupon magic and came home with two Maybelline mascaras and a Revlon Lip Butter.

Here's where the so 3 years ago thing comes in, I got the Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara. I remember this coming out when I worked at Walgreens in 2009. And even with my store discount I never got around to trying it (although I tried every other darn thing in that store) and to this day I still haven't tried this mascara. I'm really excited to though. I love the bristles. I am SO fed up with plastic nubby bristles. For me, they suck. I like big fat HUGE brush bristles. I read that Diorshow mascara was invented because of the makeup artist using a toothbrush for mascara and I thought "a toothbrush? What a great idea!" I always get the best results with those kinds of brushes. This new plastic bristle thing ain't working for this girl.
I also got another not so new mascara, Great Lash BIG. Why? CVS has a sale where if you buy $15 of Maybelline eye or lip products, you get $5 back. So, I needed $5.01 to get me to $15 and they didn't have any Baby Lips lip balm left so I got the cheapest mascara that I've never tried. And I had a $1 coupon off a Maybelline Mascara and a $2 CVS coupon which made both mascaras $12.

And with the $5 coupon I got back, I made a second transaction and got the Revlon Lip Butter in Creamsicle. I saw the display and Emma Stone was looking all pretty on it so I was like "Well, if Emma Stone is now a Revlon model, maybe I should try this" because I think Emma Stone is pretty damn awesome. The picture says she was wearing a color called "Peach Parfait" (or maybe something else but it had Peach in the name), but it looked to dark for me. And on the picture she honestly looked like she was wearing Creamsicle. Anyways, Creamsicle was the lightest so I got that because I'm a fan of light lip colors or ones that make you look like you have no lips. And I'm glad I got Creamsicle. It's barely any color but it's a light color which I like and they are very buttery lip butters. It's like lip balm with a hint of color but no flavor. I've seen lots of beauty bloggers talking about Revlon Lip Butters and I'm glad I got one. Plus the tube with the quilted look is SO CUTE!



I also got a nice surprise on my doorstep. I was hoping it was my American Eagle sweater, but I guess I have to wait for tomorrow for that one. Instead, a shipment of my absolute favorite Philosophy product came. Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1 wash. I got this in high school when I would spend all my allowance at Sephora with my new debit card. I tried the lip gloss in Cinnamon buns after buying the body wash, but that sucked. But the 3-in-1 body wash is HEAVEN! So, the other day when I was on nomorerack, I saw the Cinnamon Buns wash and body souffle set for $23, I HAD to have it. And I bought two sets. Including shipping, it was $50. Which apparently is less than I saved (apparently I saved $58 (56%)). I was worried that the souffle would be a flop like the lipgloss (which was so gross it made me sick), but it wasn't. It smells just as good as the wash.

In case you've never heard of nomorerack, it's a deal site that has extra cheap stuff. Sometimes the stuff is free and you just pay $2 shipping. I've gotten two shirts and earrings and tons more stuff that I forget plus the Philosophy set. It's free to join. I've had a good experience with it. I saw something on Yahoo answers where some people thought it was scammy, but for me it's never been scammy and I've gotten really good deals from the site. Somedays there are dud stuff that I have no interest in, and somedays there are gems. The other day there was even a kindle for $15 as an insanity deal.
So it's worth a try.
http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=690430


Stay beautiful, Katie xox

1 comment:

  1. I agree coupons are the way to go!! I LOVEEE them! I have a complete binder set up for my mom...but she never takes it with her to the store, she tells me it is too much math for her to do. haha ! :) I do though still use the great lash mascara for my bottom lashes! the brush is just the right size to not get mascara all over the bottom of your eye! :)

    ReplyDelete